The situation in Ukraine calls for our solidarity. Our school, both a French international public establishment and a European educational institution, is particularly concerned because it bears and defends both the values of the French Republic and the founding principles of Europe.
With regard to the assistance to be given to young Ukrainian refugees in Strasbourg, the dialogue that the management has conducted with the academic authorities has enabled us to propose since last Friday that young people be admitted, on an exceptional and temporary basis, to our School for the time necessary.
Change of procedure
As of today, any request for admission, subject to the prior agreement of the Academic Director of the Bas-Rhin Department, must follow a new procedure:
- In Primary level, children are registered by their legal guardians at the Mairie to be enrolled in nursery and elementary schools according to their age group. The national education inspectors in charge of the district are the main contacts for the mayors on these issues.
- In Secondary education, the legal guardians are welcomed at the information and guidance centre (CIO). The school (collège or lycée) closest to their place of residence can facilitate contact with the CIO, which assesses their schooling needs. The appropriate class level and the need for support in learning the French language will thus be identified.
- The departmental services of the National Education (DIVEL) then notify the pupil’s assignment to a public establishment for enrolment.
For enrolment in secondary education, you should therefore contact the CIO in Strasbourg:
- Contact details: Cité Administrative Gaujot – 14 Rue du Maréchal Juin, 67000 Strasbourg:
- Email : email@example.com
- Telephone: 03 88 76 77 23
- Reception of the public :
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 9:00 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 17:00
- Tuesday afternoon from 1.30 pm to 5 pm (closed in the morning
- During school holidays: Monday to Friday from 9am to 1pm and from 2pm to 5pm
We remain at your disposal to help you submit your application, if necessary, to the school’s address: firstname.lastname@example.org.