Welcome to the Learning Center
The Learning center is a place dedicated to work and study where the students can read, read the news or do their homework.
The Learnig center is organised in different areas, each of them being dedicated to different activities:
- the “Press point”: the School subscribed for 29 print titles;
- the “main room”: students can work on their homework and use the resources available;
- the “multimedia room”: students can freely acess one of the 19 computers available as long as they respect the IT charter;
- the “fiction area”: novels, graphic novels, audio books, plays, tales, albums… the students are free to read the stories they like;
- the “annex rooms” (students need to ask the permission to the librarians): two rooms for autonomous groups up to 8 students max. Students can work on their presentations or prepare their exams in groups.
The librarians are in charge of the Learning Center and work closely with the « vie scolaire ». The surveillants are frequently on site.
The documentary collections of the Learning Center meet the needs of the students and their teachers. There are lots of documentary books related to the European schools curricula but also related to more personal interests such as arts, lifestyle, animals or media education.
All the languages taught in our school are represented on the shelves. They are marked by a colour code.
Besides textbooks, the Learning Center allows pupils to borrow books from the collection (a maximum of three books per pupil for three weeks each).
Opening hours of the Learning Center
- Monday: 8:15 am to 12:30 pm & 1:00 pm to 4:20 pm
- Tuesday: 8:15 am to 12:30 pm & 1:00 pm to 4:20 pm
- Wednesday: 9:05 am to 10:55 am
- Thursday: 8:15 am to 12:30 pm & 1:00 pm to 4:20 pm
- Friday: 8:15 am to 12:30 pm & 1:00 pm to 4:20 pm